Of Rising Authors

For those of you who didn't know, I love building worlds in my head. I love coming up with unique stories and characters to inhabit the whole worlds that I build in my head. I got my inspiration for this from J.R.R.Tolkien, who built an entire history for Middle Earth (or as it is actually named: Arda... I am such a nerd), right back up to the creation of the world! This was further enhanced by George R.R. Martin (apparently you need two R's in your name to write high fantasy) and his world of Westeros (and Essos) in his book series titled A Song of Ice and Fire).

I especially love Martin's idea of the 'Others' (more commonly known as 'White Walkers' in the TV adaptation of his books, Game of Thrones), and how they are kept in a far northern land by a large wall made of ice. This wall is manned by the Night's Watch, a group dedicated to keeping out the White Walkers.

For ages I have been trying to make up worlds and stories at that level. Is it hard? Yes. Am I expecting too much of myself? Yes! Its my long term project, and I absolutely love working on it.

Anyway, you might be wondering why I am even telling you this? Well, it all comes down to one of my sister's (and my) friends. She tagged her in the 'Of Rising Authors' tag. In it, you have to answer a bunch of questions, then add eleven of your own. So, naturally, she went straight on to tagging me. So here I am!

The rules are quite simple:

  • Thank the random who tagged you. (Thank you so much Ralraymee!)
  • Do the post.
  • Answer the questions.
  • Tag other randoms
  • Give 'em another 11 questions
  • Write a short story (hahaha no) or do the 777 challenge thing instead just to break the rules.

So here we are! Let the challenge begin!

Q: When/where do you get your ideas?
I get my ideas from whatever I am interested in at the time, whether it is Attack on Titan, Game of Thrones, or Middle Earth. If you mean what time do I get my ideas, that would be around 7:25 PM to 10:00 PM. Basically right as I am going to bed. Never fear! I have my trusty notebook to solve this most devastating problem.

Q: What is the hardest part of writing for you?
Actually coming up with a way to tell a story for my millions of worlds.

Q: Is there something you do that helps you writing?
Not with writing. I tend to ask my dad about it a lot. He is really good at coming up with ideas. I also love going outside and playing out my ideas in my head (to me, its a fully fledged story, with action and adventure. To everyone else, it looks like I'm having some kind of seizure)

Q: Is there something you absolutely hate about writing? if so what is it?
Nothing really.

Q: Do you know about the process of the Hero's Journey?
Yes, I do. I would explain it all right now, but it would take forever.

Q: What's your favourite part of the Writing Process?
Building the world that my characters live in.

Q: Do you plan your stories out or just wing it?
In my old stories (Olympians Undercover) I would just wing it. Then I watched the Lord of the Rings movies, and decided that I wanted to write my own epic fantasy story. This has taken months of planning, but it's getting there! I want it to be a seven book series, and it's called Of Light and Shadow.

Q: Do you write your ideas or draw them out first?
I write them out first. I am currently trying to draw maps for my world. I am making progress.

Q: Do you find that reading a lot helps your writing?
Yes, it does. I was actually stuck with my world, on how to do the kingdom of Eriargon. Then, I read a book called 100 Facts About the Romans, and an idea came to me about how to do Eriargon. I've also gotten lots of ideas from other books. Reading helps a lot.

Q: What stories have influenced your writing?
Well, for my first story, Olympians Undercover, I took heavy inspiration from Greek mythology, the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series and a game I used to play with my cousins called Monsters Undercover. For my newest book, I have taken heavy inspiration from the A Song of Ice and Fire books, by George R.R. Martin, as well as Celtic mythology, ancient Rome, and many other things (too many to even remember them all).

Q: Which character do you wish you invented?
No one. However, there are a few franchises that I wish that I had invented. The first is the Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel franchise. I love how Michael Scott does mythological gods and heroes, as well as how magic is powered by your aura. The second one I wish I had invented was Westeros. I especially love the North, and the idea of the Night's Watch and the White Walkers.

Phew! So those are my answers to the 'Of Rising Authors' tag. So now I just need to... checks rules ...do the 777 challenge. What is that? Even I didn't know. I had to go check on my Sister's blog to see what it is about. She put the seven lines below the seventh paragraph, on the seventh page. I can't actually do that yet (I am currently planning out the chapters). When I have written the seven lines below the seventh paragraph of the seventh page, I will put it on here.

So, now I have to tag someone and write 11 questions for them to answer. Hmmm...

Q: Do you draw on ancient mythology for your writing?

Q: What do you prefer, fantasy or science-fiction?

Q: What is your favourite book (series)?

Q: Who is your favourite author?

Q: What is your favourite style of writing? (comic, novel, manga, etc)

Q: Do you ask your friends for help in your writing? (this includes family)

Q: What is your current writing project?

Q: Do you like historical fiction? (stories set somewhere in the past)

Q: Where did you get the idea of your story from?

Q: If you could live inside a book world, what would it be? 

Q: Say you live in Middle Earth. What race would you be (Hobbit, Elf, Dwarf, etc)

Q: (Bonus Credit): In Lord of the Rings, would you cower in a hobbit hole, or go fight those dumb orcs?! >:D

I HEREBY TAG JASMINE https://wheremywildheartgrows.blogspot.com.au/

Anyway guys! I'll see you later!

Pruzah Wundunne! (Skyrim Dragonborn-ish for Good Travels)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#RebelliousWriting

Historical Interviews #1 - J.R.R Tolkien

Modern Mozart