Another tag post. Great...

So, my little sister Ralraymee has tagged me into another tag. I literally already did this in march THIS YEAR. But hey, whatever. Let's do this!

Rules:

  • Thank the person who tagged you - Do I have to?
  • Make a picture for the tag post - Here it is:

  • Tag three people - I'm not gonna do this, simply because everyone I know has been tagged.

Alright. So, now I gotta answer some questions. Here they are:


1. Who's your favourite Author?
That's easy - J.K Rowling. I love the Harry Potter series! I listen to them before I go to bed pretty much every night, and I can even quote random things from it... I'm such a nerd...

I also love the writing style of Christopher Paolini, author of Eragon. It's awesome that he was able to write a bestseller at such a young age. He could do it, and so can I!

2. What's your favourite book? (I know I'm mean; I'm only letting you choose one)
Is this question really necessary after how I answered question 1?

3. What's your favourite writing quote?
So, do you mean a quote about writing or a quote made by a writer or a quote made by a character in a book? Because it is easier, I'm going to say you meant the last one. My favourite quote is (once again) from Harry Potter, and it is by Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore:

 I also really love this quote, also by Dumbledore:


4. What do you do when you've run out of ideas at a crucial moment?
I once read a book called White Fang by famous author Jack London. I loved the book, especially the wolf's character development throughout (warning, the two London book's I've read, Call of the Wild and White Fang, are a bit graphic). Jack London also said a quote, which answers both this question and the next:

“You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club.”

5. What do you do when you get Writer's block?
“You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club.”

6. What does writing mean for you?
I like writing because it is fun. I've enjoyed writing ever since I was a little kid, when my mother read to me the Beast Quest book series by Adam Blade. I used to write my own series called Beast Adventure (though it was spelled Best Adventure), in which a boy called Ben had to fight beasts for no particular reason. I made so many that the pile was about as big as the Book of the Lord of the Rings my mother owns. I stopped writing for a while, but I never stopped coming up with cool ideas.

Last year, my family watched the Lord of the Rings trilogy, which inspired me to invent my own epic fantasy world. After all this time, it's going very well. It's called Danu, and it's inspired by Game of Thrones, Lord of the Rings, Eragon and European history and folklore (especially Norse, Celtic, Arthurian, English and Irish).

Fun Fact: I dislike Elves and Dwarves in fantasy (this is why my world has none). They're fine in Lord of the Rings because J.R.R Tolkien invented Elves and Dwarves, but because everyone else does them I find them incredibly overused and boring.

7. What makes you continue to write, even when things get hard?
The fact that it's fun. I love it. There was a long period of time when I had to take a break from by story (the one about the epic world), because I couldn't work past a problem. It turned out I didn't need to write lore for this person, but rather remove the importance of that person entirely. Now I'm back, and even when I couldn't work on this story, I worked on others (like Witch's Eyrie).

8. How would you cope in your MC's toughest moments?
To tell you the truth, I probably wouldn't cope too well. My MC has to deal with being hunted by the dangerous secret police of the Empire, and also a supernatural threat. He's got a lot on his plate. I think I am a lot like my MC in some ways, so maybe I would cope the way he does? I'm not sure.

9. Can you give us any snippety snippits?
No.

. . .

Nah I'm just kidding. I'll tell you something. This isn't your typical fantasy world. It doesn't follow many of the stereotypes, and my main characters are not immortal... they can still be maimed, and they can still die.

10. What do you do when you've (finally) finished your book?
I'll let you know when I get there.


Alright, so that's about it. I'm not gonna tag anyone else, so I'm not gonna put any more questions in. I hope you enjoy your day and I'll see you soon!

Goodbye! (Will invent a magical word for Goodbye in the future)

Ralraymee's blog: https://art-of-life-girl.blogspot.com.au/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#RebelliousWriting

Historical Interviews #1 - J.R.R Tolkien

Modern Mozart